Cut to the heart

I put off wring this email way too much today lol, me and my companion literally have just been sitting talking to each other for the last hour.... he is awesome, we get a long really well. 

We had a crazy week, first off conference was insane. I mean I came with 3 questions on different things and each one was answered in the first conference I came up with a 2 more and they were answered in Saturday night session. Me and Elder Horne were blown away with the inspiration we received to help the people we know at home and out here. Seeing all the changes in the church makes me excited to come and finally be able to participate in them. I am really excited to go the temple this week.

I will talk more about my thoughts from conference if I have time at the end, but this week was insane. There are some youth we have been working with and we were getting to the point of dropping them I mean they spit on us they hit us they yelled st us and they through paint on us. This week they hit rock bottom and everything reversed. We spent 2 hours sitting with one to get him to give up his knife and we spent 4 hours on the phone with another talking them out of suicide from 10pm to 2 am. Talking about how much they have to live for and how much God loves them and since then all three have been reading from the book of mormon daily and praying. They each have very ruff family dynamics but if only you could of been there to see there testimony of God grow this week. We have daily contact with two of them... they message us daily asking us to come over. I could never be more excited for them and just to think me abd Elder Horne wanted to give up many times because the situation was ridiculous, we really question why we felt prompted to keep going over but God say in ether 12 6 you receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. Our faith was tried now are faith is not faith anymore but a security of hope, that God does exist and that he answers our prayers. It is truly amazing what God can do and will do for his children.

On the night we sat with the youth to take the knife away from Him. He would not here our words but he looked lifeless with out any hope. Eventually after talking thoroughly about the plan of salvation nothing had changed yet, we felt a really weird prompting that each of us would get on our knees and individually pray vocally one after another. I said the first prayer then Elder Horne, then the youth after each prayer the spirit got stronger and stronger. When the youth prayed he let out all his frustrations for everyone to head and then it turned to appreciation to God for the idea that he was still alive. It was a very powerful night. 
If you have any thought or doubt that you are a child of God please reach out to someone, people do love you and care about even though you may not recognize it yet.

...
This last week is gonna be a good one... people are already mad at me for leaving lol and I'm not even gone yet.

That's all I have time for sadly
Love y'all
Elder Jarvis 
P.s. see you soon, I fly home around 8 an on the 16th.


Comments