Not my will but thine

This week is transfers, and I am staying in Winchester for one more. Honestly I didn't want to and was a little put down when I learned I would finish my mission here. But then as I thought about it i remember the person i really serve is God. Then next day my companion confessed to me he had been praying that I stay because he still has so much yet to learn from me. I am lucky to have such a hopeful companion. This transfer is gonna be fun.

Despite how much I love Elder Horne, we procrastinated planning exchanges this transfer so this last week we did three exchanges, I was away from Elder floor for 4 days this week. It was crazy. 
Me and Elder Davis, tried to go the day and just skip dinner because we loved all the people were talking to and low and behold God provides, we walked past Bryan's house and his little son Noah ran up to us to hit us with his plastic bat. . Bryan came an apologized and invited to join us for dinner. It was sweet.

Now this part is kind of weird to say, but I love talking about suicide! It always makes me happy watching them go from a hopelessness to begging to understand the divine potentials as children of God. I love any opportunity to help someone. Sad part is that lesson was on exchanges so I won't be able to see them again unless they come to church ;) 

A huge miracle was when the Jones from joined us in a lesson with Randall. Randall is someone we have worked with for a while now who has medical issues that make it so he cant come to church easily for a few more months. But the Jones bore powerful testimony of how the scriptures have helped them get through their own challenges in life. Randall said himself that he saw a change in himself in that hour. 

Lastly me and Elder Horne our first day back together had a terrible day. We tried by a bunch of houses and both of us just felt like something wasn't right so we decided to walk 3 miles to a bible referral we got... it was three miles of corn, just corn, some cars and more corn... it took for ever.... we finally get to the referral and at this point we both are think ok God where's the miracle because this sucked... and she didn't answer.... so we walk and walk and walk... we wre little under the weather by this point then boom God provided Eric and his family cut across the corn field on there way home from the store they literally walked out of the corn! All 6 of them, they invited us to talk to them at their place, apparently there is 14 of them so we will see how it goes when we go over in a few days..  I'm both scared and excited..  its gonna be fun.

Love y'all



Elder Jarvis

Remember Philippians 4v13

Comments